February 6, 2013

Goucher

Julian got a very nice folder and acceptance letter from Goucher College today.  They've also awarded him a $20,000/year merit scholarship.  It sounds like a lot, but when you look at the total cost, it's surprisingly not.  I'm not sure if that award will be in place of need-based aid or in addition to it.  For most colleges, the answer is the former, but there are some that award merit and need independently.  Everything I've read about Goucher is positive, so I hope it ends up being a serious contender.  Accepted Students Day isn't until April, but it would be super nice if we could make it down to visit before then.  I'll feel such a sense of relief when we have all of the acceptance and financial aid offers in hand, and we have all of the information we need to help Julian make a final decision.  

I'm so excited for him but at the same time, I'm going to miss him so much.  And I have no doubt the other children are going to miss him even more.  I've always said that Julian is the ideal oldest child.  He's just such a good person all the way around.  He still spends quality time with his younger siblings, and they look up to him very much.  It'll be sad for us all to not have him around on a daily basis.

4 comments:

  1. I want to "like" this. :) Love the blog, will be thinking of you when I have my afternoon tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! It's good to see you! And hey, if you like honey, think about trying the "Really Raw Honey" that I have linked on the right. I bet you would absolutely love it!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to Julian! He sounds like a wonderful young man! And I know it will be hard for him to choose, but I'm sure he will make the right choice :)

    ReplyDelete