February 3, 2013

I dumped in the organs. And the blood.

No chicken feet today, but Chris said she can bring some for me next week. 

 

I did get a freshly butchered free-range, organic chicken in a big ziploc bag though. The broth/soup/stock is simmering as I type. I have never used organs in my life, but I thought "what the heck? they're full of nutrients" and dumped them in too. And then I saw all of the blood left over in the bag, shrugged, and poured that into the pot too. 

Five huge cloves of diced garlic, 6 tablespoons of coconut oil, 4 inches of grated ginger, a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, and a whole bunch of carrots, celery, zucchini, and onions. Most of it's pretty typical stuff. I hope the chicken feet aren't supposed to make all of the difference! Ha ha ha! The directions say to let it simmer for 12 -24 hours, but there's no way I'm going to leave the stove on all night when we sleep, so that direction definitely will not be followed. Looking forward to trying it though and hoping my body is happy with it.  The book says if the body can't handle the whole veggies and chicken pieces to puree it, so I guess that's what I'll do if need be.

You realize this is coming from someone who is an "almost vegetarian", right?

No comments:

Post a Comment